What is North Highlands Narrative?
“North Highlands Narrative” is a citizen award program sponsored by the North Highlands Recreation and Park District. Its purpose is to shine light on our everyday citizens and local organizations that make a positive impact within the community through acts of service or events.
On a quarterly basis awards are given to citizens or community groups residing within NHRPD’s District for their outstanding contributions to the community. Please consider taking the time to recognize and nominate an individual or group whose contributions make North Highlands a better place to live.
Summer 2024 nominations will be due on April 15th.
Anyone can nominate an individual or group. Nominations will be accepted all year long but will be selected quarterly (every Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring season).
- Live within the North Highlands Recreation and Park District boundary lines.
- Residents of all ages can be nominated including, community groups and events.
North Highlands Recreation and Park District does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, employment status, national origin, or gender.
The nomination must include:
- A completed application.
- Adequate supporting documents to substantiate the efforts and conditions under which they occurred. These may include official reports, narratives, news articles, letters of recommendation, and information on any other awards or recognition for the incident.
- NHRPD staff members and Board Members are not eligible to enter.
- Nominations will be considered during the time period provided and for future consideration. If a nominee(s) is not selected during a particular year, the nomination information will be saved for later consideration.
- The act of service must have been done within one year of the time of nomination. For example, if you are nominating a person for the Spring 2024 reward, they must have completed the service between Spring 2023 and now.